Current College Students
- Have at least 3 years remaining in college (some exceptions apply).
- Be enrolled in an accredited college that hosts or has a crosstown agreement with an Air Force ROTC detachment.
- Be a United States citizen or should be actively pursuing citizenship.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be 14 years or older (17 years old to receive a scholarship).
- Be committed to attending the aerospace studies class, leadership lab, and physical training sessions each semester.
Steps to join for College Freshman/Sophmores (3 years remaining or more)
- Ensure your school is one of the schools in the crosstown agreement for UMD.
- Fill out the interest form to have your questions answered and/or the application form to schedule your application paperwork.
- Attend your application session and orientation and welcome!
Rising College Juniors, Seniors or Graduate Students (1-2 years remaining)
- You may be eligible to join the program, however previously missed classes will have to be fulfilled in a shortened program.
- For more information and eligibility requirements please contact the detachment by phone at (301) 314-3242 or email email@example.com.
College Seniors or Graduate Students (less than 1 year remaining)
- You are currently ineligible for the program because you do not have enough time to complete the program.
- There are two options for you.
- Option 1: Extend your graduation date by one year and/or enroll in graduate school.
- Please contact an academic advisor and the detachment before pursuing this option.
- You can reach the detachment by phone at (301) 314-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Option 2: Apply for Officer Training School (OTS) after graduation.
- OTS is a highly competitive, rigorous 9-week program offered to college graduates to provide a way to commission into the Air Force as a Second Lieutenant.
- If you are interested in this option, please contact a recruiter so they can provide you with all the information you need.